OSHA’s Permit Required Confined Space Standard (one day seminar)
This course discusses the requirements of OSHA’s permit-required confined space standard, 29 CFR 1910.146. It is designed for small employers or a designated representative (line supervisor or manager) with the responsibility to develop a permit space program. It covers OSHA’s requirements but does not feature hand-on sections (instrumentation and control methods and testing)
Confined Space Hazard Awareness (half day seminar)
There are also half day seminar schedules for this program. Please inquire further by calling (808) 537-6206.
Permit-required Confined Space Entry (three day course)
This course will increase your knowledge of hazards associated with permit-required confined space entry. OSHA standards related to confined space entry will be covered including entry procedures, personal protective equipment, ventilation and purging requirements, calculations and techniques, and appropriate atmosphere testing equipment and related limitations. Participants will engage in hands-on training with explosion meters, oxygen meters, and other test equipment.
- Define terms specific to permit-required confined space operations
- Identify current standards governing permit-required confined space entry procedures
- Describe hazards associated with permit spaces
- Demonstrate the proper operation of certain testing instruments and explain their limitations
- Describe appropriate ventilation, personal protective equipment, and emergency procedures necessary for entry into permit spaces
- Permit space hazards
- Entry procedures
- Ventilation requirements
- Personal protective equipment
- Permit system